Thread: SCS questions
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 12:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Scs

Well, I don't think the surgery was her favorite way to spend an hour,
but it wasn't as hard as the Medtronics surgery. She didn't have any trouble with a spinal headache at all. She is apparenty difficult to get leads into,
and other doctors have had trouble getttng epidurals and such in place, but
this went in quickly and the coverage was good - all the way from her toes to her hip. She was pretty groggy the afternoon after surgery, but by evening
she was better. The next day she was tender, but close to normal - she had
a great time taking in the Titanic Exhibit in San Francisco, even being pushed in a wheelchair 5 miles! (DH, who pushed her, was a bit tired though ;-))

Unfortunately, the stimulation was not good for her - it was too painful, and even when she turned it down to just under where she could feel it, it
didn't take any of the RSD pain away. She's never been able to handle any kind of electrical stim of any kind - even TENS units, that help me a lot, are painful to her, so we suspected it might not work for her, but had to give it a try.

The drive home from the doctor yesterday was uncomfortable (8 and a half hours), and her back does ache today, though not terribly so - she can move around, sit in a chair, do her normal things.

Thanks for your good wishes, and we'll pray for your surgery - let us know how you do with it! The next step for her is a pain pump. I hope it works!

AJSG mom
AJSG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote