Thread: meds and levels
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 03:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default meds and levels

Hi I am am on Trileptal 3x day, Keppra 3x day and Lamictal just am. I have been taking themfor a few years.I do not take more than 50mg of lamictal, 1800mg of trileptal and 1500 of Keppra. My doctors view is that none of them are at a toxic level by because they are not high enough doses. She does not ever do blood work for the reason they are not high enough doses.

But recently, when I take my noon meds of keppra and trileptal at noon with lunch, I have expereinced a feeling of disorientation, vision being off can not exactly focus my glasses seemed off. I kinda feel like I have had too much to drink.
Today I asked my partner to see if my eyes looked funny, they looked and told me the left eye pupil was higher than the right. So we went for a stroll outside to see if it woudl help. The pupil did eventually move down. And after about an hour the rest of the affects went away.

Yesturday, the disorientation and my focusing took about three hours to return to normal.

So when I called my Doctor's office about it yesturday, the emailed awhile back saying "my levels were not toxic and could not tell me what it might be" but to keep track of it.

The last time I was on Tegretol and Dilantin I had similar signs and it was toxic. So I am confused.

So I ask the following, This is a epileptologist and one I generally trust. Yet, I would think this would be something they would be concerned about.

Just because I am not taking high enough doses to be at toxic level. Why do they not get peoples individual base line of drug tolerance? Are we not all individual with personal sensitivities to drug levels? Like we all are to foods and our reactions to them are differents.

Has anyone experienced these symptoms before? If so what was the cause?

Any thoughts would be great.
Thanks for any thoughts.
Cedar
Cedar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote