Old 10-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb this will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamster View Post
What kind of info do you have on paxil as a AD mrsd? Can you link me to some info on it?
scare the beejeebers out of most people... so visit at your own risk:
http://www.paxilprogress.org/forums/

There is some good information there, but it is obvious that most do not like Paxil at all. And many considered it harmful.

Paxil has been bypassed today in sales by Lexapro which is an SSRI.
But when the oldest SSRIs were put on the market, very little was understood
about them. Today, we still have conflicting theories on how they work, or if they work at all. (some studies have shown placebo as effective).

You can go on Rxlist.com and read the official copy of the drug insert. But it will not tell you what happens to real people, behavior-wise.

I myself had a spate of serious depression last winter, and I chose light therapy once a day and it worked.

L-tryptophan is now readily available. This taken at bedtime with some carbohydrate and B6, can help you make your own serotonin.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote