View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 01:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Llonghair I had graves disease some time ago and I am not sure whether the two were connected at all. However I have strong suspicions that it was. I was/am a complete bread lover. I think bread is by far the best food ever. However around 25 years ago I realised it was not good for me. Ever since then I have been restricting overt wheat products most of the time. However it is the times when I eat wheat flours that my digestive problems escalate. I never thought of CD as my problemis constipation, bloating and burping. I was thinking of just another allergy.I am asthmatic and I am lactose intolerant.
In Febuary 2001 I had a positive IgA blood test, but my doctor dismissed it as not worth bothering about. It was only recently that I tried a gluten challenge and now I am convinced.
As for my Graves disease it is now under control and I don't need to take any more medications for it. However my bilirubin levels are often higher than normal. This my doctor tells me is 'a bit of graves disease".
Jocelyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote