View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 08:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudest_mama View Post

And, Greg, your post, too, is interesting ... You state in your very first sentence "At this point, I am neither for or against embryonic stem cell research". But then further down in your paragraph you state that "I do feel that it is an area that needs to be fully explored . Allow the needed all human lines to be created and let's get on with it". I think you've confused yourself! Your post clearly states (TO ME ... I don't want to offend you or anyone else!) that you are for, and not against, embryonic research.
No, I'm not confused. I'm undecided.
For at least ten years now ESCR has been at the forfront of Parkinson's research. Due to the moral issues raised and the lack of proper funding this reaearch has not had a fair chance to be proven one way or another.
Here in the U.S. our president has banned allowing new uncomtaminated cell lines to be produced. How can a researcher say one way or another if ESCR will work if the material he has to work with is contaminated?
I have a disease that has forced me to leave my job, stop doing the things I like to do, and has severely impacted my quality of life and it's not going to stop until I'm dead. I want a cure or at least better medication to manage the symptoms of the disease. We should leave no stone unturned. With proper guidelines in place ESCR can be researched fully. They can prove one way or the other if ESCR is the answer we all have been waiting for. I maintain my statement, I am neither for or against ESCR. I just want a definitive answer. Yes it is or no it isn't, with out all of the political banter and moral issue beliefs and myths.

In other words, crap or get off the pot!

GregD