View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 07:59 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Would you believe that I have many friends who have blood sugar in the 120's and their doctor said to them "no problem, you don't have diabetes".

I shudder to think if any of their doctors said "you have pre-diabetes". They'd probably bong the doctor over the head.

I have a friend with diabetes. Last year her doctor told her she had a diabetic stomach.What was her response to him? "What the heck do you know??" and believe me she didn't say the word heck. Her sugar never went below 200. Nothing I could say to her, because she knows everything. Well, she had to get a cat scan three weeks ago and she was having pains, and diarrhea, and constipation. She has a history of diverticulitis. But she went on antibiotics and that cleared up. She stopped the antibiotics a good 10 days ago.

She hasn't been out of the bathroom for the whole day. She can't stop going. Then she gets constipated. She phoned me and said "It must have been the escarole I had yesterday". Or maybe it was this, or that. I would never say to her "maybe it's gastroparesis", because I once made the mistake of explaining a diabetic stomach to her. I'll never do that again.

When she gets fed up with her condition, she just might do something about it. She will say "oh my sugar is really good, it's only 150".

Forget it.

They are sending her for another cat scan next week. I wonder, Can a cat scan determine a diabetic stomach?. I would love if another doctor got a hold of her and said "Listen to me, you must get your blood sugar under control".

Won't happen. Not until she stops watching the Food Network.

Mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote