Thread: ITT: PCSVictim
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 11:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Owen, I forgot to tell you - you are young - be patient - you will get better slowly and it will happen. My GP told me that he PCS in his last year at med school - he was hit on the head playing rugby - he got better. He said he had to go and hide on a farm for weeks.

Gojirasan, I agree with you - your old self has gone and I have had to discover a new me. I was an extravert and a very impatient person. I didn't tolerate anybody who was slow thinking or who couldn't do something after being shown or told how to do anything once! I thought that they were either not trying or were lazy. I was a picky perfectionist. You can imagine the shock to my system. I think my recovery (what there is of it) has been slowed by my inability to be kind to myself as I have treated myself to the same impatience! Now that I have come to grips with that I think I am actually a nicer person. I miss the social life that I had - my worst problem is not being able to stay awake all day - I so wish that I could do that as I feel that I am missing so much of life. I have a bad learning disability not as bad as yours though - maybe this is your claim to fame! --only picked up when I went private to a neuropsychologist in Australia. I just joke about lucky I knew everything before I hit my head - I wasn't ko'd either. It was a very very minor bump x 2. When I am tired I don't remember a lot - it is the immediate things like "did I just take my pills I have absolutely no idea" - I then check to see if the glass is wet!

I used to talk a lot - I think that this trait has become more exagerated!!!! Hate forgetting what I was talking about mid sentence though!!
Lucy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote