Thread: Derm Diagnoses
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 12:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

[QUOTE=Vicc;157679]It is sad to read: [SIZE=3][COLOR=blue][SIZE=2][COLOR=black

Vicc,
You said

It may be that even after 140 years, the appropriate treatment for a neurological dysfunction hasn't been found, or it might be that the medical profession is treating the wrong disease.

I am wondering why then did this lady exhibit sings of improvement for some time following nerve blocks if there wasn't a neurological element to the disease?
The fact that she relapsed may well have been due to ineffectual care from her doctor rather than the wrong care.

You also said

It's interesting, to say the least, that the author chose to include the words: Though this could easily be mistaken for an infectious process, it was actually reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD), as my next major post will describe why the acute stage of this disease is easily mistaken for an infectious process. [emphasis added].

I gather that the fact she was given a definitive diagnosis of CRPS when it did look like an infection, that she would have had all the appropriate blood tests to eliminate the possibility of there being an infective or inflammatory process happening.
She obviously showed NONE of the usual markers for infection or inflammation such as raised CRP, WCC, ESR or there would never have been a nerve block administered but Antibiotics instead.

I am wondering if you could address how this could be an IRI when the face and neck is such a very odd place to have ever experienced an ischaemic event?

In my opinion the photos show very clearly the flush of vasomotor changes due to a sympathetic/autonomic nerve supply disorder.There are not too many disorders that present with such delineation but a sympathetic disorder is one.

Regards
Tayla
tayla4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote