View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 05:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Celiac and Cardio problems

Marie,

Have you ever looked into Celiac Disease? Scroll down to gluten Sensitive/Celiac Disease and do some reading. Also read Jcc gluten file:

http://jccglutenfree.googlepages.com/

I had many autonomic symptoms for years. I had a positive tilt table test. I would have out of control blood pressure that would go up to 160/120 and down to 80/50.

Seizures can be a symptom of Celiac Disease. There are a few people on the forum that have had major relief from their seizures by going gluten free.

Have they done any vitamin testing? Have they done a complete ferritin and iron test? My daughter was having similar blacking out problems around 11 or 12. We ignored this as to just hormones. She has also been dx with Celiac Disease.

Don't expect your cardio or even primary doctor to be very familiar with this disease as I went to one of the best clinics in the world and they sent me home with no diagnosis. It was with the help of braintalk that made me go in and demand this tests.

What you might think about is that many conditions have an underlying reason for the symptoms. Doctors are taught to find a condition and treat with drugs or repair with surgery. I am not against either but I do think that doctors need to try harder to find reasons for some of our health problems.

Hope things get better soon.
Llonghair is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote