View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 10:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Andrea,

Like everyone who has posted so far, it seems that the best thing in my case is a combination. I have currently have Trileptal, Ibuprofen, Oxycodone, Ultracet, plus a goodly assortment for other conditions like hypertension, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, and cholesterol control.

There is not one combination that works for everyone. Everybody reacts differently to all for these meds. Some people have severe side effects with Trileptal, while I find it completely benign. I was on pretty high doses of Methadone at one point, and it was like taking a piece of candy (slight sugar rush sensation – that’s all.)

I know that’s not what you’d like to hear, but I agree with everyone else that it seems like your daughter is in very good care so far, if she was diagnosed quickly. That is a good indication that her doctor knows what’s going on. There really are some MD’s who have a very puzzled look when you mention RSD, then probably go back to their office and look it up.

Do not give up any hope. It’s what keeps most of us going. Know that we will always be willing to listen and share experience here. Encourage your daughter to come aboard as well. There are (unfortunately for all of them) several other young women who can chat with her.

Mike
bassman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote