View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 06:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question Books Arrived, Need Help With Alkaline Drops

I am starting off my books (which I listed in my other post, while searching for a raw diet). I figured the nice thing to do, is read the weight loss book for him first (as it also does address problems people have weight gain/being underweight, yay for me).

So far, it has covered quite a bit that I feel confident in giving it a try. It doesn't seem like a typical 'fad diet' that could cause health problems (some seem too pushy on cutting things out or bringing things in, in excess). I found one part intriguing as it talked about underweight people having just as hard of a time gaining weight and that many will have intestinal problems (which I have).

I've hit a block because in this book he goes over his studies, and all of his subjects who had lost weight or had a major increase in overall health were on a semi-strict 'diet' (I didn't make it to the actual diet yet, hehe). He mentioned they all drink alkaline water. I have been googling and googling and they have these stupid machines, which - no, I don't care if it makes me walk on water, it's not worth $2-3,000.00! I looked at drops, but when I see red text saying these can burn your skin, I am kind of scared of them.

I've seen various brands, prices (for same size bottle) vary from $5.00 up to $40.00 per bottle which is said to be a one-month supply. If it's essentially the same thing, would it hurt - do you think - to get the cheap one? I mean, it's drops that go in water (or tea or coffee).

Here's a link to some I found: http://www.nextag.com/alkaline-drops/search-html

I also found this, off of that link: http://www.myhealthpro.com/shop/detail.cfm/sku/D3900

I don't really know the difference and I am still learning about this whole alkaline and acidic thing. It's all terribly confusing. Also, on Amazon I saw one suggested you buy them (the expensive ones) with test strips but didn't state if they were for people or for water! Like, I saw some that are for urine or saliva; and others that you use to dip in your water to test it. I'm afraid to get it and then OD my SO or myself on alkaline. :O

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote