View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 09:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default never a dull moment

Hey, Just in case you were wondering what's up with my gazillion posts. I'm finally up and running again. Gosh that feels good!

My husband is on a business trip, gone for two weeks. He's in Australia, first, and then directly on to Jakarta. It's only his second trip to Australia and boy, did I ever want to go. It's a long story why I can't.

I'm holding my own PD wise. My right toe curls still, forcing the others with it. That triggers my entire gait to be off and then I'm in pain. I need to take stock in Icy Hot packs.

I have found that by wearing sandals, and with a bit of a heel, it seems to help. I did learn that I should choose my sandals with a bit more tack ... I wore a pair to a local store, caught a glimpse of me in the mirror (with shorts) and it screamed prostitute. (Can I say that on this website?!)

Ironically when I'm in my own home NOT wearing them, I regret it later on. But wearing them around the house is a pain in the butt and I have to admit that I look a bit weird out in the yard raking, weeding, or mowing in heels! Maybe I should put on my "prostitute" pair. That might get some tongues wagging in our neighborhood. LOL And wouldn't it be a hoot to show up at Baylor's School of Medicine like that. Gosh I could have a bit of fun!

And, then, for some reason or another, there are days that my toe doesn't curl and I walk just fine. I need to keep track of what I"m doing and/or what I'm wearing to try and find a pattern. I'm just too $#*% busy having fun. (Yeah. Right. Read sarcasm in between the lines!)

Oh ... one thing that happened recently is that our oldest son proposed and being married this summer. She's a lovely girl and they've been going out together since the 7th grade. I'll gain another daughter which I sorely need.

Sure hope everyone has a great week. If not, look me up and we could have tongues wagging in two subdivisions!

Terri

People will forget what you said,
people will forget what you did,
but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Quoted by: Maya Angelou (Reader's Digest Oct. 2006)
proudest_mama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote