View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 01:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Drowning down here to the tune of 5.75 inches of rain today... Enough already!!!

I don't know what to think about the irrigation either. The Nurse Practioneer first told me to stop irrigating and said not to irrigate when I had an infection. Another nurse in the ENT office called back and said the doctor wants me to irrigate twice daily with saline... That might have been after the culture came back normal-lost track at this point...

So considering that this seemed to be helping, other than the burning, I tried again using saline, but only once yesterday. Maybe I was just doing it too much.

We shall see. I feel a lot better today and am not having the issues with all of the mucus... I don't know whether to attribute that to the Z pack or what. The lung doc informed me I am running out of antibiotic options though. He said the only thing left in this situation is Sulfa, and I am allergic to that...

I guess the test will be when I start going down more on the steroid dose. This is when this stuff always hits... I plan to address the sinus endoscopy with the ENT in my followup visit and also what they cultured for...

Curious: Yes, I did do the search for the toast... I could not remember where I posted...

Cathie
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote