View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 07:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Elle:

First - tell your neuro.

There are meds he/she can give you. My neuro started with meds for fatigue. Once that worked and I was awake and non-functional, she moved to an anti-spasmodic.

When I visited my physio she stated the first line of treatment for spasticity is meds, so I went on Baclofen. Sounds like you are a bit weak and unsteady, so an anti-spasmodic may not be the drug of choice. That's up to your neuro to decide.

As much as you may hate the thought, use a walking aid like Teddy said - a cane is a good place to start. Make sure it is measured properly and you are trained to us it, otherwise it will defeat the purpose and make things worse.

Lots of rest, easier said than done when you have a little one to care for. Your body is telling you something, and as mom's we don't listen.

If you are near an MS clinic they have info and nurses/OT's/physio's etc who work with MS patients and have great suggestions. One of the most helpful individuals I have ever encountered was a neuro OT. They can teach you wonderful ways to save energy.

Hope this relapse is short. Maybe it will give your neuro some answers.

All the best.
cricket52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote