View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 07:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks

Thanks to all for your supportive words!

Jo, I will look for that book next time I am at the library. It sounds quite helpful. Unfortunately, voice recognition software would not keep him from having to type, as he works with probably 20 different computers and servers in any given day. When he is in his own office, he is programming, and I have searched in the past for software that will handle voice recognition for programming languages, but have not found any. We did get him an ergonomic keyboard for his office, which does help when he is there for extended time. He says more than anything it helps him to sit up straighter.

My next hope is to steer him away from the video games, although he does love them.

His therapist takes her time and does not schedule appointments back-to-back. This way she can always finish the area she is working on. He will see her again tomorrow afternoon to work on his back. He has had much improvement in his chest and shoulders, and only occasional twitches and numbness in his shoulders / neck. He has a sunken sternum, and after she worked that area, it was visibly less sunken. I had no idea that something like that could be held down by connective tissue! While his sunken chest is not causing any pain or problems (that we know of) and is only a cosmetic thing, it was so encouraging to see such structural change because of something like massage therapy!

Thanks!
Mandy
amandy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote