View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 08:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I HATE insurance companies... they are like little oh I cannot say it or I will get banned... but for sure they do not have our best interests in mind. I traveled far and wide for my surgeries and paid dearly for it. Now I am not working so my options are more limited but I used to save up - others went on real vacations but us, yes, it was the old medical vacation... what surgery this year? Brain? adrenal? ahhhh.... nice.... my poor husband. I send them factual but barely nice letters to get my claims paid - but it takes a year.

I would contact the hospital in advance and see if they can give you documents in advance that you can send into the insurance co - plus if the docs themselves keep refering you to other hospitals - what can you do? They don't want to do it so get a letter so you can bolster your case for elsewhere. I cannot blame you for not feeling comfortable! Then go to a supervisor and an appeals board - the people at the 800 number cannot answer questions - even the insurance broker at work can go to bat for you. I have done that in the past. Keep copies of everything - names and get fax numbers.