Thread: PICC LINE or IV
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 02:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Roz,

I had a picc line at the beginning of rsd, before we knew what I really had. I had it put in at the hospital, and they gave me a bag of meds before they let me leave. they showed hubby and youngest daughter how to change the meds bag. I was on 24/7 for meds...20 min on...20 min off. It was better than getting a iv dose every day. with an IV...your veins can colapse and if that happens (it did on me almost every nite while in the hospital). With a picc..it is easy to take care of. I had mine for 6 wks. I had a nurse come out once a week to inspect and clean the site. Mine was in my upper arm, on the inside, and I was attached to a pump that I could carry around on my shoulder or as a fanny pac. I ran the tubing up my sleeve and i just had to be careful getting up at nite to go. I had to be sure to take the pac with me. lol...I went for a job interview with it attached, and they never knew it. I was offered the job. also went out the dinner, etc. getting it out was 100% painless. didn't have any bad effects from it so far as rsd goes.

hope that helps.
Mary