View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 04:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Emotional support dogs

How perfect!! We raise Dobbies and I have been having a couple of the dogs to help me walk, get out of a sitting position, etc... I have been dx with fibromyagia, but there is more than that going on, as if the fibro is not enough, huh??? Because of this, our interest in service/helper dogs has increased and we have been trying to find in depth info on training and cert for them.
They have been VERY socialized, we have taken them to farm stores, pet stores, parks, schools, around different types of machines, wheelchairs, walkers, people of all ages, and lets not forget my awkard gate and the stumbling and falling I do. They were amazing the evening I was home alone, I had a seizure while I was holding a bowl filled with my supper. When I "came to" I had 3 Dobbies beaking me, my supper was on the floor in front of me but their attention was on me. Then of course, after I sat up, they were eyeballing the food on the floor.
Dobbies are working dogs, they need a job, plus they have so much love and devotion to give, it sounds almost perfect.
This is very valuable information. Thank you so much.
New member Postmaster1992
postmaster1992 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote