Thread: You...
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 05:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default You...

whom have read my posts over the years either believe that i'm looking for the TRUTH behind PD or "not". So i have something i picked up on the web that i'd like all who read here to ponder.

http://www.parkinsons-success.com/

Now , i've never "written a book", or in any way try to profit personally or to promote the personal profitting of others when it comes to PD. I hope that anybody who reads my posts believes that I only want "honesty" and "science" to be the hallmarks of PD research. In other words, if something works to help a majority (or even a minority) of PWP, to counteract their suffering in any way, then it is worthy of discussion among us at the very least.
This web site involves chiropracty, which my dad alwys called "quackopracty" and so tarnished my belief that it was to be considered within the realm of medicine, REAL medical practice.
Now the giants of our current AMA, still place chiropracty on the "fringe" of modern medicine, much like the status of ancient eastern medicine (such as acupuncture) and "holistic medicine. Many of you PWP who have had only limited success with the approach to handling the symptomology of PD using "modern western medicinal practices", are desperate to find "Something better", something that really works. Now, i have always been on the bandwagon of modern medical practices. But when it comes to actually seeing "results" in the way of reduction of the symptoms of PD, and a decade of using the modern pharmacopeia, i have seen less than what i desire in "Proof of principles". Who knows , what we as a group say again and again about what we have read about PD is just parroting what the doctors think they believe to be true, and therefore MUST be "correct". The only information that comes from a blogg like this that is worth anything is the actual experiences that individuals have had with PD. I wish that the info in the URL i have presented has "something" to it. Wouldn't it be nice? I think that this URL has been posted before, I forget, apologies if it has.
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote