View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 09:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm struggling over this one. I think that high volume irrigation makes no sense when one is well, but from what I know of what I've had, there have been times when I've bdeen filled with pus, and high volume irrigation cleared it out.

But I don't do "high volume" irrigation all the time, and see reasons people wouldn't want to.

My sinus/nasal mucosa, my doctor says, is abnormally dry. He says that the dryness is a problem; that the cells lining it are unable to do their normal job of washing out bacteria, and that light irrigation, with a spray bottle, is important during the day. When I'm feeling well, I never do this. I just don't have the discipline.

I think maybe Cathie has dry mucosa from sjogren's and her doctor may have the same fears as my doctor. Also, I think she's currently infected.

On the other hand, I've never been prescribed sterile saline, and I'd sure like to have it. I don't recall why I haven't been prescribed it. I'm going to ask.

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote