View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 08:31 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Take Away form the PDF 50th

One of the things that was greatly discussed at the PDF 50th Anniversary symposium last week was the non-motor symptoms of PD; e.g. excessive sweating and gut issues, constipation, depression.

The research/questions being asked these days is does PD start not in the brain, but in the body; e.g. excessive sweating, constipation, depression.

I have had two of those for decades, long before my thumb tremor in 1988.

My sweating is so bad now that I have to make sure I have paper towels in my pocket when I leave home. I can actually become very anxious if I don't. I can't get to the cashier in the grocery store without literally dripping of the ends of my short hair and rolling down my back, or even worse, having visible wet places on my shirt.

Anyone else have non-motor issues that may pre-date PD dx?
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote