View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 11:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default new to PM dr., need advice, info

I have recently started w/PM dr., due to DDD, sciatica- that's really the most painful thing- and my right hip has an acetabular labral tear. I've had, over past years, multiple steroid injections- both trigger point and into the hip joint; usually prescribed Lortab or Percocet for @ a week... now, the PM dr. has given me an epidural in my lower spine last week, and the leg pain is much, much worse... really affecting my ability to sit, play w/grandchildren, etc.- I called the PM dr. re: increased pain, he's to see my on 10-19-07- my questions are these: if he wants to do another epidural- the 1st one was useless and really kicked my pain up a notch- do I have to agree to this? If I don't agree- would most PM dr.s be willing to try a long acting pain reliever instead of short acting ones? I've never really had the pain stop completely, even w/percocet, but I know this pain may not stop completely- I just want to be able to function w/less pain so I can not feel like crying and hitting a wall all the time- any ideas as to how to phrase this to him? I am scared to death of being labeled as a drug seeker- my part of the country is the highest in the USA for narcotic prescriptions- but, I also am SO TIRED of only getting a few hours of low level pain relief- any ideas welcome- thanks!
granny03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote