View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 06:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Well Worth the Waiting

Guy...so much information...such good information...thank you so much...and, never mind being brief! So many times...when I read what I have written, I realize I could have written in ONE or TWO sentences what I've written in "epistle form"I am the epitome and Queen of "non-brief"...but then, I enjoy writing. I noted, particularly, your summation of all the information...typically a method I used while teaching...and I wondered if you are a teacher.

Guy...yes...Doreen HAS taken Mirapex along with Sinemet and, in fact, she fared extremely well while taking this "med"...but, unfortunately, she was one of those who developed the potential undesirable side effect of Obsessive/Compulsive behavior. This was so unfortunate because Doreen had an overall good feeling while taking the Mirapex and her tremor was well controlled. However, her neurlogist eliminated it completely when this happened...and certainly for good reason. What I have conjured up in my mind, however, is to discuss with Doreen's neurologist on Friday the possibility of "reinstating" the Mirapex but at a lower dose than the maximum 4.5 mg. that seemed to have causesd the O/C behavior. I want to discuss with him, also, the possibility of spacing the Sinemet differently (to try to alleviate the dyskinesias), i.e., dosing less more frequently throughout the day. (arrogant one, I am, I guess).I think I will have to use a method that "works" quite well for me, i.e., make him think it's HIS idea! This usually "works" well with other situations that I have encountered and will see how well it "works" with the neurologist!!!! I just seem to have "gut" feelings that are leading me to what COULD be a good resolution to all this. Interestingly, I have posted my questions to the doctors at the National Parkinsons Foundation based in Miami, FL (their site is "Ask the Doctor"). I feel that, in a way, I am getting expert opinions and options...and ALL THREE of these doctors have responded to me individually and ALL THREE have concurred that Cogentin should probably be eliminated from Doreen's medication regimen based on its possible/probable side effects that are very much "in sync" with what Doreen has been experiencing, i.e., short-term memory loss...confusion...lack of concentration...disorientation...so that I feel somewhat affirmed in what my "gut" is telling me...just seems to give me the courage and support I need to discuss the situation at least somewhat intelligently with Doreen's neurologist.

Guy...I am so happy to know that you're doing so well on the Amantadine. This, too, is on my "agenda" to discuss with the neurologist!!!! Thank you so much, Guy...both for the information that you provided AND for your encouraging and hopeful words...thank you so much.

Therese
Virginia Therese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote