View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 09:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The bones are thought (by the foot surgeon, orthopedist, neurologist and PCP) to be so porous because of two years of IVSM while I was on Avonex several years ago. Despite Fosamax, Calcium, D, Magnesium, Repeated MRI's of the small bones of the foot, hand, wrist, ankle, and ribs show continued deterioration of bone. I have been told that high dose steroids can see this after effect for years in people my age and gender.

How old are you? I am 50. I am so sorry you are suffereing. Wil you need to use a cane or something like a walker? Is there any warning that you are going to fall?

What treatment are you on now?

Cherie, I have been on continue steroids and hate them because I fear what you are talking about in weakness. I used to get monthly dose IV but now oral each month since June. My dr said this is the last round. So he hopes it will help. Ijust started copaxone a few weeks ago and heard to be patient it takes at leat 3 months. Hope to get better.

BTW: there is encouraging data recently released on the effectiveness of Copaxone and Novantrone used together.[/QUOTE]
christine bauman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote