View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 10:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default ...and Thank You, Again

Guy..for your most recent post and your encouraging me to "got with my gut". I am so "bent on" having the Cogentin eliminated from Doreen's "med" regimen that I have documented everything that has happened since our last discussion with her neurologist...and when he halved the dosage of Cogentin...stressing, of course, the still-present cognitive difficulties but to a much lesser degree...about 80-90% of the way, I think. The end result of my documentation, to date, is a definite improvement in the cognitive...but, I am aiming for that 100% making clear that with ANY cognitive impairment, this poses great difficulty for Doreen at work AND on the heavily- traveled Interstate Highway that she travels every day (that should "do it"!) In actuality, what I've said is absolutely valid. I will be tactful (or, as you said..."just couch it in effusive politeness so you don't intimidate the *h*e*l*l out of the medical set"...so funny, Guy. I really enjoy the humor that you interject within the more serious...and the "bubble packs"...how funny! The "collective docs" have already affirmed my "gut" so that it is easier for me to "go with my gut"..."spill my gut" as the saying goes (I can't believe I said that!)...so, along with the docs' consensus...the help I've received, here...from you and others, I believe that I'm ready for Friday's discussion.

...and so, I "exposed" you for what you are...or, were...a teacher!!! My teaching was on a much lower level than yours, i.e., age-wise (7th and 8th grade English); however, while working in bank marketing (after teaching) I taught basic English (yes...BASIC ENGLISH)...from the "ground on up", i.e., from teller right on "up the ladder" to the "execs". This was a real challenge which I truly enjoyed. It was a challenge because all these people were at different levels of understanding the basics..didn't want to "lose" those with little understanding, yet, didn't want to bore and lost those with a fairly good understanding so that many times I prepared at least 3 lesson plans before I arrived at one that I felt was suitable for all. (I seem to have strayed from the topic...I apologize for that....

...and Guy...how wonderful...your landing a meeting with the Director of Provincial Drug Progams to discuss your "Proposal for a Parkinson's Drug Program"...you are a true advocate for all of us here...I'll be cheering for you. Again...I thank you for all your support, encouragment and best wishes for a successful resolution of our immediate medical situation.

Therese
Virginia Therese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote