View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 10:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Shocked

DL,
You are right. ‘possums are U-G-L-Y!!!! Bad ugly. Especially if they get REALLY mad and start hissing and whatnot. They make some really atrocious faces. LOL

And...thing that I have found about ‘possums? The don’t play dead as their first line of defense. Not at all! Those buggers come out FIGHTING..all teeth and nails and lashing long rat tail....Yech! ! Only when they think that they have no chance of either fighting off, or scaring the CRAP out of who or whatever is bugging them, will they finally drop and play dead. And, they can play dead for quite a long time. LOL

The problem with yours, is that you are feeding it. If you could stop putting food out for it to easily get, then it would mosey on off to greener pastures. But...since you HAVE to feed your kitties.....I don’t know what to do? It won’t help to put the food up higher, as ‘possums can climb. You are right that you can't poison him, because of your kitties. The humane trap thing....that would work, but I bet that you would wind up catching everyone one of your cats at least once, and some more than that, before you ever had a chance of catching Briar ‘Possum...and probably he would just learn to stay away from it.

Hmmmmm. I don’t know.

I am glad that I don’t have a ‘possum to deal with right now. What we have instead is an armadillo that lives around here, and moseys around in the yard at night...at least a couple of times a week. Those things are a trip. Freaks Meghan out when she sees it, ROFL! And, they DO NOT get in ANY kind of a hurry! LOL

Still haven’t seem him ball up....I want to see him do that sometime.....but, I am not going to get out there and poke at him or anything....for all I know they hiss and turn into a rolling collection of teeth and claws too, only coated in armor instead of furr! ROFL

I will see what I can find out about getting rid of ‘possums..and get back to you. In the mean time...just leave him alone. I mean it; those things ARE NOT NICE at ALL if they get scared or mad.....Yech!!!!!!!!!!!

Jose

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." ~Albus Dumbledore

Last edited by Joselita; 10-17-2007 at 11:16 PM. Reason: typos and more typos. As usual. LOL
Joselita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote