View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 10:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Here's the back-story: I was visiting one of my doctors today. I'm trying to be assertive about stopping use of antidepressants, which I'm pretty sure is the cause of the tinnitus I'm experiencing. Even as I was trying to convince him that I didn't want any more antidepressants, he suggested wellbutrin. I said that I might be willing to try it (in an attempt to appear cooperative), but I wanted to wait at least long enough to make sure that last antidepressant I had been taking (trazodone) was out of my system. I've heard it can take a few weeks. Anyway, when I said what I said about the tinnitus, he said that carbidopa/levodopa can cause tinnitus. I had never heard anything to that effect. I searched the web and found nothing. I even asked Heidi L, who said there was no such side-effect. After all that, I decided to pose the question here.

So: sinemet and tinnitus. Is there any connection?

I'm thinking not and just perhaps it was just the doctor trying to make an argument to keep me on antidepressants. Perhaps someday I'll learn why they keep wanting to give me antidepressants when I keep saying I don't want them.
K.Ibsen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote