View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 06:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm guessing the chemicals are what makes the products all the things we want them to be, you know, not harsh, pleasantly scented, etc. I'm sure we would all hate the soap our foremothers made, only because we are so used to the products now. I can't even imagine trying to comb my hair without my Pantene Conditioner. Still, I am with you, I wish we were given the options all the time to live simply or chemically. But, if we want "all natural" we have to search. Then, many of the "all natural" products are not as natural as we think. It's all very confusing. Some people use baking soda to brush their teeth, I never could stand that taste in my mouth, yet that gets you away from all those toothpaste's. When I was a kid, I was told to use vinegar in my hair to make it shine, yet I know I would not beable to comb it out without conditioner.

Sometimes I wonder about our world. Do we need the products to soften our skin because of the chemicals in our air? I mean, are we living in a vicious cycle now? It's a different world from yesteryear. They could live simpler because it was a much simpler world then.

I do know there are many chemicals we can stay away from if we want. We do not need to use all those scented "plug-ins" which are very dangerous for some of us, or sprinkle on "carpet fresh", 3 scented candles, etc. I needed to buy tissues last week. IT was so confusing. Kleenex with aloe, with lotions, with anti-viral assist--I was like, "Isn't there any simple, old fashion kleenex with nothing on it?" It's so frustrating.

Rant over! Sorry!

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote