View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 06:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Found great book on food/supplements

I'll probably post this in the depression and weight loss forums too, but I read about this book in a weight loss thread on another website and it sounded it interesting and I went out and got it used from Amazon.

IT's called Food and Mood. The author, Nancy Snyderman, MA., R.D. talks about how certain chemicals in food can influence our brain chemistry. She also talks a lot about supplements. She is a big believer in the importance of the B Vitamins, especially B6, B12 and Folic Acid. I have been screaming from the rooftops about how I was considering going on an antidepressant, but taking B vitamins (thank you to my doctor, Mrs. D and Rose), exercise and proper eating (thank you to myself and weight watchers) has put all that to a halt. I am most grateful.

She discusses how food and/or supplements can help with the following:
Mood, Insomnia, Overweight, Fatigue, PMS, SAD, Depression, Srress, Intelligence and Nutrition.

My only complaint about the book is that when she talks about B12, she doesn't mention the Methyl. brand...other than that, it seems like good advice and is very interesting.

Last edited by Vowel Lady; 10-18-2007 at 07:26 AM.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote