View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 08:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Requip and sleep attacks

- Morning Therese, Doreen. Haven’t had my 1st cup of coffee yet, so bare with me. I didn’t realize Doreen was still driving. That changes the water on the beans a little bit. Which ever agonist she tries or whatever cocktail she ends up with, driving is a concern, at least until you know how a change is going to effect you. Requip, that I was so glowing about, and still am, has a track record of causing sleep attacks; link for info:
http://www.metacrawler.com/info.meta...17/top/-/-/1/1
which is why I ended up taking Modafanil at breakfast and lunch (I was still at the office 5 days a week then). Docs aren’t so quick to prescribe Modafanil because 1. they don’t necessarily think about sleep attacks. 2. since everyone doesn’t experience them they don’t want to throw another drug into the mix unless absolutely necessary. 3. It is a glorified upper to be sure. Just please take care re: driving with all of these changes.

Even the increased tremulousness that will result from the removal of Cogentin should be addressed immediately. Also, I agree with you, mental acuity is just as important. When I introduced Amantadine into my mix, aside from a day or two of being a little light headed, my thinking cap was still on and the tremor control was immediate. I hope I haven’t served to confuse the multiple issues in any way, and I’m so glad you have several opinions to help you navigate.

If you initiate a change on Saturday, given the Friday appointment, at least that gives you a trial run to see the effects – good, bad or indifferent.

On the lighter side, my 94 year old Grandmother told me a couple of weeks ago, “if you don’t have a sense of humour ya’ just have a cramp where ya’ can’t put a plaster.” Gottta love Nova Scotia dialect. And sometime that I have more time to dissect the world of teaching I have to say what you were doing in the class room has far more honesty and dignity and contributes more to society than many of the goings on within the ivory tower. And ESL teaching – I only had a taste of it, and know you have to have the patience of Jobe. I’ve enjoyed the writing and mutual support and continue to wish for the best possible results.
Regards, Guy
wwally0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote