View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 09:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ali...I'm rushing right at the moment, but later I will check your link. Many thanks. It's always helpful for me to educate myself first about something new.
Doody...I have had many dogs and loved them all. But one day I visited a family (actually for the weekend...long story) with a mini dachsie and I was IN LOVE. I think folks were a little ticked that I spent so much time with the DOG! I was AMAZED. They have no idea (or care) that they are so little. However, I cringed when you mentioned that your relative rough houses with her doggie.
Ours was very hearty and healthy and we were careful, but did let her on the couch and so forth. A few times she jumped off the couch when we weren't looking. (They have a mind of their own). I think that is what did it. I hired a neuro surgeon for the surgery. He has a medical degree and a PHD. It was a very complicated surgery. She was paralyzed. She is now walking. I did the pt on my own (the doctor taught me), but I think she needs some more. I'm STILL PAYING THE BILL. People think I'm a nut for paying for all of this. I am ga ga for this dog...as you can tell...they are awesome!!!!!
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote