View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 11:12 AM
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Default Why is this subject being dredged up again?

The author is trying to gain attention for herself by speaking in scientific terms her theory of the possibilities that could be found by further stem cell research. This is no longer about religion. It has been researched in the US by private firms and foreign countries for almost 30 years and has yet to show any positive treatments for any type of disease. It is now about economics. How can patients continue to support throwing money at a theory for 30 years which has no proven results. Why not save the money and tell Parkinson's patients Sinemet is good enough a treatment for their symptoms and stopping further research all together.

Researchers are pulling away from ESCR not for reasons of Government law, but for financial reasons. Who wants to keep investing in a scientific theory that hasn't produced results in 30 years? This is no longer a religious right choice but a economic choice. The United States are quickly approaching a depression. In Minnesota we are having auction sales of foreclosed homes lost by honest people trying to get a middle class niche in the American Dream. Several companies have recently announced a fresh round of lay-off of workers which will only pour oil on the flames of National depression.

Europeon markets are also dropping in the securities market. Many people blame the war as a reason for America's economic woes. As much as we have spent on the war, far more has been spent on personal computers, Ipods, Big Screen TVs and other entertaining technology.

We need a cure soon as the baby boomers have now reached retirement age. Those who attended Woodstock, saw personally firsthand the students shot on the campus for protesting the Viet Nam war, are seeing conspiracy theries behind every government piece of legislation. Media saw money to be made by imitating success of the deep throat conspiricies proven by two press people and have changed their ethics from reporting the news to interpreting the news and telling people what their beliefs and principles should be. The "Love and Peace Movement" has turned responsible American citizens into a country where everyone is allowed to decide for themselves what morality is. This has caused America to lose its united value system and begin its fall into chaos. We as a generation, have left a world less perfect for our children.

My sons are left to try to pick up the pieces and to search for morality in their lives. In my youth I was as selfish as anyone else and sought a divorce to find my dream, leaving my children with their father to raise them. He wasn't a father, he was a best friend. My children raised themselves without the adult supervision they needed. Amazingly they have better values than I did, and have taught me a great deal. One is studying to be a doctor, the other a lawyer. My elder son had problems dealing with today's society, needing more structure in his life.

The "old time religion" was the foundation of our forefathers who founded our country. They did not ban people from practicing their respective faiths, but enforced tolerance for different faiths to live togeather in piece. The Federal Government was formed to provide protection for their citizens to practice their personal religious beliefs in peace. There is very little "old time religion" practiced in our country. Gradually Americans have turned away from reading their bibles to searching for the almighty dollar.

You do not have to have a religion to live well on this earth, but you must have similiar set of principles (which throws the political meaning of tolerance out the window) to have a successful society. Tolerance does not mean each to their own set of morals with no ability to judge others for their set of morals. Tolerance means to agree on specific rules for society, but for the spiritual man to be left to believe in their own private religious beliefs.

Vicky
vlhperry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote