View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 03:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question Voc Rehab Interview tomorrow! What to expect?

Meet with the voc rehab "expert" for opposing side tomorrow morning at atty's office. Opposing atty wasn't happy MY atty insisted on being present - something smell a little off aboutthat to you?

Supposedly he's flying out here to discuss alternative job options with me, as my Drs have said I can't return to teaching. Actually, Dr Togut has said, "she remains totally disabled for any gainful employment." And that related just to my pain and disability in my upper extremities, the bilateral TOS, not taking into account my dx of RSD or major depression! The RSD is increasingly affecting my feet and legs, making me walk slowly, my feet burn, and my knee ache. Standing or walking on hard surfaces like asphalt or concrete increases the pain in my feet greatly later on. Finding shoes and socks my feet will tolerate is becoming an issue. If I walk or stand more than 20-30 minutes I will have greatly increased pain later.

So I am very limited in use of my arms, and I can't stand for long periods. I am on an anti-depressant, a narcotic, another nerve pain med, a muscle relaxant, and Valium to help with sleep. And I have a spinal cord stimulator.

And my sleep is totally messed up, which may be partly why I am always fatigued, but that is also part of chronic pain and RSD.

As you know, any time I overdo, the next day or two I spend in increased pain with a flare.

I'm sure employers would be lining up to hire me!!!

I am confused as heck as to this "interview". Do I tell it just like this? Or is he looking for me to say something, anything he can use to show I'm not willing to "try"? Just WHAT am I supposed to be doing tomorrow?

Need some tips on how to play the game.....

beth
beth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote