View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 06:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I met a woman with MS some years ago before I had health issues. She invited me to her house and asked me to shower first... What??? OK, so I did, but when I got there she was upset because she said she could smell my perfume. I didn't have any on, however, I did have on a watch I had worn perfume with the day before... Talk about sensitivity....

I cannot stand most fragrances (especially earthy smelling stuff, like musk) now myself. After a flood, we got rid of all carpet and have hardwood floors and some tile throughout the house. It made a big difference in my breathing, especially at night...

My husband no longer wears aftershave or men's cologne. That stuff gives me a headache and sometimes does wierd things like make me burn. Or it might make my face go to sleep... I would assume this has to do with some malfunction of the sensory nerves, but have no real clue...

I used to think all of these "chemically sensitive" people were crazy. And now, I have to deal with some of the same issues...

Cathie
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote