View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 06:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink Hi, . I've Fallen And I Can't Get Up!!

hi.
from the Great White North!
I'm so glad to have found neuro Talk. it seems right away like a group of kindred spirits. all members of a mysterious fellowship... the fellowship of suffering. The chronic pain and other kinds of hell many of us have gone through is medicine"s dirty little secret.
I am a woman with a nasty history of neurological problems starting about ten years ago.
About 15 months ago I started having problems getting up if iI knelt down.or lay down. In January I could'nt get up off the toilet or a chair without using my hands to push,and when I am in a public washroom I have to use my arms and hands to climb the walls like Spiderman.My knees started to buckle, amd I started to trip. over myself. it got worse til I was tripping all the time indoors -outdoors. if there was a dog hair on the sidewalk I would trip over it...My right leg doesnt obey me. it isnt getting the message.I have nearly fallen umpteen times and I have fallen several times .I am afraid I will fall crossing the street one day. Also , I am very stiff when i am sitting down for any lemgth of time It takes a couple of minutes to get going. In April I discovered I cant do stairs normally .I avoid stairs .I go one step at a time left right left right like a little kid. And I couldn't run to save my life. Now that's weird.
My muscles spazz out all the time , this has really begun to slow me down I have to walk alot as I dont drive, and I always loved walking Now it's me or less a drag. Xrays showed nothing that would account for this. plus I'm way to young to walk like a 90 year old.I have seen a neuro and have had other tests done, but no results yet.
I have also noticed my muscles shrinking and drooping on my right leg. and some weight loss [Now why can"t the fat go instead?]
Does anyone have a similar experience and what can I do about it?
Looking to hear from you.
Paulette
singoverme is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote