View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 07:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi BIZI!! Saffire is my grandaughter and she is 9 months old!! Her brother is James. My son is not his biological father but is very close to him. We have always tried to be good to James but never spent much time with him. He spent alot of his time with his maternal grandma. She unfortuntely has a drinking problem and has been denied any rights to having James live with her. Tere are other members of their family that hopefully will be willing to help with James. The foster home that he is in appears to be good for him. He looks great. Saffire was underweight when she got there but has gained and now weighs about 20 pounds! She is thriving but I know that I can do a better job than foster care because I am Grama!! We will have alot of work to do with her as she has very limited upper body strength. Her mom let her sit in front of tele all day in her carseat while she played video games and smoked in basement. The kids were not supervised properly. Saffy had no opportunities to build her strength so she still cannot sit up at all. She does not crawl at all yet. She cannot try to take steps while we hold her arms. She cannot put one foot in front of the other yet! She is quite behind. We plan on taking her to an early intervention programme to measure her progress as soon as she gets here! If she could talk I am sure she would ask her parents why they could'nt be bothered with her? Why drugs were so important? Why they fight so much? It is so sad....but we are prepared to do all that we can for her. ..including raise her if necessary. Oh my goodness...I love her so much!

LOVE DORRIE!!
dorrie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote