View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 08:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Always have been very sensitive to petrochemical odours, bleaches, cigarette odours and perfumes.

For the past year or so we have been buying from our health store a natural shampoo which has no sodium lauryl sulphate, no petroleum by-products, no artificial frangrances, colours, no harsh detergents, no animal derivatives or chemicals....and it works really well for me. They also make a matching conditioner with the same provisos.

Have been using recycled/non bleached toilet paper for years now - for idealogical reasons and generally try to put as little toxic stuff into our waterways as I can by avoiding things like fabric conditioner. Use mainly vinegar and bicarb soda (poured in together) to clean the toilets. Enjo cloths for all the hard surfaces are marvelous for cleaning, needing no other cleaning agents.

Do struggle (from an environmental stance) a bit with finding an efficient dishwasher detergent that is not too toxic though. Any clues on that one! Yes I could go back to using the kitchen sink and handwash everything with 'velvet soap' or similar, hehe - I know!!!

Someone mentioned new cars - they have a terrible odour for months on end. A bit better when all leather upholstery is used though.
Megan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote