Thread: You...
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 08:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Ouch.

Cs, you might want to try physical therapy. I have been helped beyond belief by gentle physical therapy. I will never forget the feeling of being coddled and taken care of and downright mothered when I first went into the therapy room, and the therapist wrapped me in hot blankets. I almost cried, it was the closest I have come to being truly comforted since I was a small child and my mother tucked me into bed when I had a bad cold.
I am convinced that the feeling of being comforted was as important to my recovery as the exercises the therapists helped me do. They took my pain seriously, and they did everything they could do to help me.

Of all the techniques they used, traction gave the most relief. My neck and shoulders were so painful that the touch of my clothes caused pain, and I couldn't turn my head to the left at all. Traction took the pain away immediately so completely that I wished I could stay in traction day and night. That and the gentle manipulation of head, neck and arm slowly loosened my neck and shoulder muscles, and the pain went away, not to return. And I can turn my head without pain, too.

Physical therapy also put my spine 'back in place' last year, after two years of chronic pain in hip and leg, and it was done so gently that I could not tell at which point the pressure lightened and the pain went away.

I would strongly recommend to you to get a prescription for several weeks of physical therapy. It helps body and soul, and you could use some comforting.

Good mending,
birte

I know nothing about pain meds. so have no input on that.
BEMM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote