View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 10:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

DDD, in some, can have its roots in genetics, ZS. If you want, I can post the info. about it .

Also, under things affecting patients and medical professionals, there is a given time-frame by which records have to be given to a patient requesting. That time-frame is dependent on which state the person is in and whether the request was put in writing. I'd make sure it's in writing; there might also be a fee for the copies.

I've always had to pay for copies for long-ago records stored on archaic types of "docs having access" means; in other words, those who aren't up with technology and data storage means that are modern-day had a fee. But with my present-day doctors, I'm not charged. They give me whatever I ask for and advise their staff.

The shortcut I've found is asking my doctors directly . The docs, then, tell their staff to make copies and I leave with them.

I may be fortunate, I dunno, but I think I really lucked out with my neurosurgeon, too. His belief is that films do not belong to the imaging centers. He orders the copies and he makes notes during appointments and hands over the films to the patient at the end of the appointment . He's never inflated the billing because he's given the radiographic imaging and reports.

Last edited by Bobbi; 08-29-2006 at 04:05 AM. Reason: clarification/correction
Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote