View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 09:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbygirl312 View Post
Hi again;

I had the surgery on Friday night the 12th after a couple of reschedules. I came home yesterday the 16th. Wow, apparently the surgery went well and they really straightened my spine. The doctor put me on flexeril due to muscle spasms in my back (horribly painful) and hydrocodone. I really want off the pain meds but am not sure that is going to happen this week! I am getting around okay with the help of the brace and my youngest son has been helping me a lot. Thank God for children! Today, I get to shower, I can't wait. I'll keep you posted. For now, I want to go lay down.

Abby
Abby

Wow ,you were in and out fast!, i was in for 7 days, but i did have a reaction to the morphine, thats why, no op. problems, but anyway that’s fantastic , glad to hear it went well!. Just remember, rest,rest and more rest! , don’t over do it and be careful, don’t worry about the flexibility at all, that will return, i used to be able to touch my toes pre-op, it’s a bit more of a stretch and effort now but I can still touch them! , but that takes time and it will return

All the best mate!

Seann

Glad to hear yours went well mate and thanks for sharing , its good to get the msg out that there is more than one success story and hopefully if Abby’s goes well, that will make three of us to spread the news and remove that horrible fear of things going wrong when your in that pre-op stage.

Take care!
Mike
kiwimike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (05-28-2010)