View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 09:56 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Heart Keep Fighting Girl!!!

So how did it go?

I'm assuming I am too late to mention anything - besides, it's all been mentioned, and anyways, Beth, you are so knowledgeable of your own condition, and capable of expressing your symptoms in a clear and concise manner, that I don't think anyone here can add anything to what is "perfection."

And, you are HONEST, too.You always have been about your condition - and it is so strange / good in a weird way that it has been so close to mine - I totally relate to you. (YES, the walking is very hard sometimes now, due to fibro I think, but could be RSD...very painful.)

Sadly, you can't work in your condition. They will come to that conclusion I believe. And even if they don't fully "see" it our way, they can't deny the truth completely, so I joke, how disabled is 100%? I am 100% disabled, whether they believe this piece or that piece, who cares, if you add up all of the evidence that they WILL accept, I'm still 100%.

It sounds like you have a very good attorney who is not willing to let go of the details - I don't know of any here in CA who would be present for a VR meeting. And they usually send "lackeys" (less experienced attys) to stand in for them on their depositions. So I'm hoping this is a sign that you have really got a great attorney.

Please keep us posted. I care.

Most of what you describe is what I consider "the process." We all have the hoops that everyone has to go through - same hoops, whether we're trying to get work comp benefits, social security or ?, they all seem to have a similar set of required hearings, and/or applicant / defense opportunities for examination / evaluation. If anyone is going to get the $$$, they have to figure out the hoops, and thoughtfully go through each one. I know you have, and you do.

I TRY TRY TRY to take the personal out of it - but as Gibbrn has posted, there are times when I have just lost it and I get so frustrated by some aspect of the process that is either botched or just done to delay or harrass that I can't take it anymore...then I later get a hold of my feelings and go back to the drawing board to reconfigure my strategy to get my care back on track. But I know realistically that there is some evil adjuster wanting to destroy me - it just FEELS like that sometimes.

If nothing else, as you say, we have to do this for our kids' futures.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote