View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 01:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karilann View Post
I've been having bouts of pain in my hips, wrists, base of thumb, elbows which my regular doc calls arthritis/tendonitis/buritis.
Seems its always something other than a MS issue.

Yet when I research joint pain and MS, I come up with some validation that there is this type of pain in MS.

To me it almost feels like a tendon problem but in a lot of places at once.
My elbow feels like "tennis elbow" but so do my thumbs and hips! Its sensitive to pressure, so when I sleep on my sides my hips hurt. If I pick something heavy up my thumbs/wrists/elbows hurt.

Does anyone else experience this type of pain?
I have a Neuro appt in Oct and will certainly double check with her....in the meantime.....ouch all over!
Hi Karilann, I also experience joint pain. I'm only 33, but was involved with many sports before MS. Some (basketball, volleyball) were very hard on my joint. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with my pain, but the last year or so (really bad right now) I have had a lot of pain in my wrists and my knees. I'm use to the pain in my knees but it doesn't hurt me all of the time. This wrist pain bothers me all of the time, it is a dull ache and it is really starting to get to me. I take Motrin and it doesn't seem to help. Sorry I couldn't give you any answers, but please let me know if you find anything that helps, I will do the same. I hope you start feeling better.
Penny Lane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote