Thread: Finally
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 02:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default me too!

I just want to say that i am going to join withmore (hopefully now happily recovering) and follow suit with my own reduction surgery next week.

I was told that it wouldn't do anything about the subclavian vein occlusion but I will be glad for any reduction in symptoms and pains. After reading how several women on this forum said they found it difficult to wear a bra post TOS or pec-minor surgery (i have both problems) it seems like a smart decsion to me to have a reduction before the big rib removal. (going braless is not an option for me.) This is not to say that the TOS surgeons agree; i was told to be weary of "throwing a clot"... but i think this is a case where the benefits outweigh the risks. And my reduction surgeon is aware of the TOS compression even if he makes light of it, saying that lots of people have various occlusions and it's no big deal. He does not anitcipate a likelihood of clotting from the subclavian vein due to this surgery so I am trrying to wear my brave hat and follow my intuition. I just wish I were in better physical shape pre-surgery; I've had to cut way back on my exercise due to the arm swelling it causes. Whatever it takes, I just want to be in a position to be more active again.
fern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote