View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I would approach this with two minds?

One that you surely got a 'sell' for the anodyne therapies. And, two I'd be really suspicious of 'programs' that pre-screen in a manner that assures any particular 'program's success'? [I don't think there are any current NIH Clinical Trials using anodyne therapy in progress for diabetes, but I may be wrong...I'll check and get back to you?]
As WE all know and share here, PAIN IS PAIN IS PAIN! Don't matter the type, treatments either help or they don't. Plain and simple. As Melody aptly described about her 'meeting', some of us can't turn it off?
Would that some mediation and mind re-programming can help, it doesn't for every set of conditions or issues. Try, and succeed or not...go with the flow or whatever?
My philosophy is that the more one learns about the process of the PN, what helps or hurts it, how all that affects you...stresses, meds, whatevers... the better you can deal with and understand all that is going on IN you. Thus cope. It IS a form of brainwashing yourself to COPE with this stuff. Use any viable options out there try, use, and some might just work? Thinking positively about all this is key to the coping...again it can't make things worse? Good hope and thoughts - plus a few pain free moments? - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote