Thread: SCS questions
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 10:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Beth...I just had the Advanced Bionics SCS put in this past May. My previous SCS was made by ANS-medical. I had good results with ANS-medical but had to have an external one because I had no body fat for a internal one. This past May I was able to have the Advanced Bionics put in (internal) because of its size, it is very small. I love this SCS, my device is located in my upper hip where I have the most fat. The rep's are wonderful as the company. The coverage area is greater then my previous one. I charge my battery once a week with a little device that goes right on the implant and it takes about 2-4 hours.

Since this is your first time or trial I can't tell you how you will feel, everyone is different. I believe as I post your probably having the procedure done. Please do let us know how you are doing when you are able okay?

Everyone is different with the SCS, some like it others don't. I believe this is a personal choice. Currently I believe there are three companies out there who make the SCS. It would be very interesting if someone could do a study on the SCS as to which company was used to success or failure though. I don't think this has ever been done but I do believe it would be a very interesting study.

I Hope everything goes well for you. You will be in my prayers. Jewells
jewells is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote