View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 07:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

YAKIMA FRUIT PASTE!!!!! Dose: 1 to 2 tablespoons per day 1 pound prunes 1 pound raisons 1 pound figs 4 oz. senna tea 1 cup brown sugar 1 cup lemon juice 1. Prepare tea- use 2 and a half cups boiled water and add it to tea and steep 5 minutes. 2. Strain tea to remove tea leaves and add only I pint tea to large pot, then add fruit. 3. Boil fruit and tea for 5 minutes 4. Remove from heat and add sugar and lemon juice .Allow to cool. 5.Use hand mixer or food processor to blend mixture into smooth paste ( I imagine you could also use a blender) 6.Place in plastic container and place in freezer. Paste will not freeze but will keep for ever in the freezer. 7. Spoon out what you require each day. Enjoy eating it right off the spoon. Spread it on toast like jam or add hot water to it and make a drink. * If the fruit paste is not working ( you are not having a bowel movement ) then you need to increase the amount of fruit paste you are taking in. *If the fruit paste is causing you to have very loose stools then you need to cut down on the amount of fruit paste you are taking in.Perhaps even taking it every other day in some case.

Note: for me it's strawberry licorice. Goes through me like you wouldn't believe. I have never tried the paste cause I can't have any lemon juice.
This recipe comes from us old old timers who used to be on the ICQ group.

Hugs and Prayers

pass the bubble wrap please
Farm Wife is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote