View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 09:08 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Question about noise coming from my computer!!!

Okay, this happened about a year ago. I was moving my HP Pavilion Media Center (the tower) around on my computer desk. I must have bumped it, or did something because as soon as I did this, it started to make a noise. Can't quite remember what that noise was but it was a noisy sound coming from inside the computer once you turn it on. Now I said to myself "I can't work at this desk with this humming thing, (or whatever noise it was making), so I took a book that was maybe an inch and half in width. I propped this book under the back of the computer and BINGO, no more noise. I said 'Oh, okay". that's it.

So no noise for one year.

Yesterday, I was cleaning out the whole room, and I said to myself "I wonder what would happen if I took the book away". And I did. And there still was no noise. So I said "well, last year this thing made a noise, I put the book under it, the noise stopped". "I'm good to go", and I was for the whole year.

So I remove the book thinking, Uh oh, the noise will probably come back, and there was just silence. I've turned it on and off since yesterday and still quiet.

I'm extremely happy about his but what I want to know is what the heck happened last year that made the noise, and why did the book propping underneath stop the noise, and how come yesterday, I remove the book and it's still quiet.

So all you people who have heard noises coming from your tower, do you know why this has happened??

I'm not complaining. It's quiet and if it ever starts that horrible noise up again, I'll just put the book back. I just am very curious.

Thanks,

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote