Old 10-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by drea View Post
Hello and thank you to everyone for being out there to help !

I was just given Keppra for seziures@500mg twic a day. Only have had 6 grand mal seziures in my 60 yr old life.

I looked at my labs and protein said(8.2 is normal and mine is 8.1 as i have Lupus and leukemia.

I am concerend since Keppra goes through the kidneys that this may not be the best medicine for me and wondered what other may think of this.?
I have found that the Drs have tunnel vision ,when it comes to meds and sometimes don't think of the interactions,although i told them about lupus & kidneys.
any thoughts
so much apprecaiton
Drea
Hello, Drea,
I am not sure what your question is. Almost ALL drugs or their metabolites go thru the kidneys. There are a very few exceptions... Singulair goes thru bile, and few drugs thru the stool. So the vast majority including Keppra's metabolites are removed from the body thru the kidneys. Doctors will take into account your serum creatinine or your creatinine clearance to determine what DOSE is safest for you if you have a renal problem. Typically that is all that is necessary.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote