View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 03:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Heather,
The type of sz. your are discribing are a status cp sz. where a person is out of it for 30 min. or longer. This happened to me when I was put on Neurontin for my absence and cp sz. I began having absence status sz. where I would be out of it for 30 min. to 3 hrs. and it caused more brain damage.
TEA is known as memory loss for a period of time and it happens to a few people especially those who have temporal lobe epilepsy like myself. What happens is a person will be fine and then all of the sudden they don't remember anything for a few hrs. I found a lot of info. about it on google. I just typed in transient epileptic amnesia and got a lot of great info. Sometimes this happens do to yrs. of sz. and a persons hippocampus shrinks and get hard from many sz. like me. When I had my brain surgery done my surgeon removed the right hippocampus because it shrunk and was hard.
It's up to you but I would go to an Epilepsy Center and see an Epileptologist I've had more luck seeing an epi than any neuro in the past 35 yrs. of sz. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
waves (08-12-2010)