View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 11:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Responsibility equate with caring and remembering

I had the weirdest dream or thought process last night that kept me up for hours and haunts me today.

We have talked about John Lester and the concept of his having a responsibility to us in the manner he has left us all hanging without a word

We are now asking for forums that attracted no one back at the old site and only confused the picture of what really was. Are we saying that John Grohol has a responsibility to provide these for the asking?

The more irrelevant forums we have the more moderators we will need to
Have.

This site is what exactly. Is it a Neurological site or is it a Hodge podge of everything that in time will be nothing.

We need a name now and we need a definitive statement as to what we are going to be in the future.

But we also need responsibility.

Responsibility for each other and for the forum as a whole. The freedom we now have may not exist for all time.

My example is the members who leave here in the future and their responsibility to me as an individual.

They don't have any you say. Well I beg that we do owe a certain responsibility to each other.

e.g.

One woman who has been on the old forum for as long as I can remember and was a prolific member there had a husband who was at the very end stage of a disease and had kept the members up to date on each and every aspect of his life. They had tried all that was available and nothing had worked to the extent it was being published at achieving.

She fought for the right to put all and any treatment she thought was going to work on that forum and in the end they were all shown to be of little or no value.

Many people lost thousands of dollars on that site at Braintalk and nothing was ever done to curtail the use of the site to these charlatans.

Then came the moderator and he took off like gunfire banning the members for innocuous statements and little innuendos that were so insignificant as to be of no interest save to who they were directed at.

Was he being responsible to what John Lester had told him to do or was he showing his independence and taking the responsibility on himself.

It is a hard thing to know I admit.

But his responsibility is not my point at all. It is our responsibility to each other.

Don't take each other so serious in what is said to anyone here as it is this medium that leads to words being said that are not intended for all to read and interpret.

Now because I am such a poor internet communicator I have finally come to my final thought.

The person I was talking about above suddenly announced she was not feeling good with the forum at Braintalk as it was being run and left it.

She left the forum over the moderator and left her friends of years hanging there in the dark. It has been over a year now and still they wonder what has happened to her husband.

Is he okay? Has he died? Did she break down from the tension?

They and I still wonder about lit. And while they wonder about him they wonder about their own lives and what will happen when there time comes.

So there is the ultimate responsibility when you begin to type and interact here.

So John G may we have a forum where we can leave messages that will say we are going and why and perhaps even come back to once in awhile and say we are okay and hi to everyone.

Let’s call it CARING and REMEMBERING

Thank you Thelma

Last edited by Thelma; 09-29-2006 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Lost in space thinkilng and forgot where I was lol spelling my old nemisis
Thelma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote